Benefits of Membership
There are many benefits of membership with the Parkland Music Teachers’ Association.
- Teacher Development
- Performance Opportunities
Our members share teaching ideas, network, and enjoy social events. Members are informed about concerts, workshops, conferences, and other events. Members are advertised on the PMTA website as well as in newspaper ads, and other advertising mediums. Members also have performance opportunities and often receive discounts to PMTA hosted workshops and concerts.
PMTA members and events raise the profile of music in our community. Outreach activities include the Parkland Music Festival and Gala concert. The festival is open to all student musicians. The Gala showcases some of the festival performers, including many scholarship winners.
If you are a music teacher in the Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, or Parkland County and area, then we would love to have you join us! If you're not a music teacher, but would like to support our work as a member, associate membership is for you.
Types of Membership
There are three types of PMTA memberships:
- Teacher memberships are $20 per year. This membership option is for individual teachers. Teacher name, bio, and contact information will be added online with this membership option.
- Corporate memberships are $40 per year. This membership option is for businesses and organizations. Business name, description, and contact information will be added online with this membership option. Staff names and job positions may be listed in a corporate member’s description but individual teacher bios will only appear with a teacher membership. A business or organization may also purchase teacher memberships for each teacher they would like to promote.
- Associate memberships are $10 per year. This membership option is for non-teachers who would like to support the work of the PMTA as members. No information will appear online.
How to Become a Member
There are three easy steps to becoming a member:
- Fill out the membership form below (if you would prefer a printable form, please request one from firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Send payment, payable to PMTA, (and membership form if not using electronic form) to Carmen Kulak, 21 Willow Way, Stony Plain, AB T7Z 2W2
- Email your name, bio, photo, contact information, and neighborhood you teach out of (as you would like them to appear on the website) to email@example.com
Important Date: July 1 is the annual dues deadline but payment can be made at any time of year. Teacher/business information will appear online after new or renewal dues have been received by the PMTA treasurer. If membership dues have not been renewed after the two month grace period (September 1), teacher/business information will be removed from the website.